About a year ago when my sister and I were both pregnant, she came out to Utah for my baby shower the first part of September. During her visit we went to the fabric store and picked out fabric so I could make her a baby quilt. Later we found out she was having a boy. Mainly out of laziness on my part I decided the fabric we picked out was too girly and I would just give her the quilt that I already finished (below) and I would use the fabric to make a new quilt for Kate...

(the one I gave to Mallory)
8 months after Kate's birth I've actually started working on it again in hopes it will be done for her 1st birthday. Here are my pictures so far...

(cut fabric into strips)

(sew three strips together)

(cut the 3 strip pieces into rows)

(sew 3 rows together to make one 9-block square. these aren't actually sewn together yet)
I actually cut the strips last year and I must have been high on pregnancy hormones at the time. I'm think I cut up all my fabric that was supposed to be for my border as well as my strips and posts that go in between each 9-block square thinking it was all the fabric just to make the 9-block squares. I have enough to make 36 9-block squares and I only need 12!





1 comments:
Everyone loves the quilt you made. I love the colors. I use the one you made and mom's all the time
Post a Comment