I'll admit, if I don't recognize the phone number I almost never answer my cell phone. Friday night while I was working on my desk project (Kate was with her Aunt and Uncle and Keith was at a Scout camp) I received a call. Didn't know who it was so I didn't answer; they left a message and it was from someone from the Stake NEEDING to speak with Keith TONIGHT and is there another number he can be reached at. I pass along the message to Keith and the next morning I get a text from Keith saying the Stake President wants to meet with us at 8 am on Sunday morning!! YIKES! That can't be good. So pretty much all Saturday Keith is freaking out trying to figure out what calling it could be. I'm convinced the calling is for him not me, otherwise the Stake Clerk probably would've just wanted me to call him back to schedule the meeting. Like I expected Kate wasn't even awake at 8 am so Keith went to the meeting alone. He comes back 20 minutes later and.....he is now the Ward Financial Clerk. We joke about this calling ALL. THE. TIME. One, because our very last Sunday in our Avenues ward Keith was extended this calling but had to say no because we bought a house and were moving. Two, because Keith doesn't even manage his own finances. He pretty much just earns the money and I balance the checkbook, pay the bills, pay the tithing, keep us on track with our spending and I inform him of how much money we have (or don't have). I have total faith that he'll do great and honestly I'm happy with this calling. Hopefully more time at home. It means no more overnighters, no more scout camps, no more Wednesday night activities, no more Youth Service Projects, no early morning Saturday activities, firesides etc. Of course Keith is sad because it does mean staying later on Sundays so he misses football. I guess he has quarterly audits and then of course tithing settlement won't be a fun time either. :(
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
blessings in come in many ways.
How's that for irony?!?! He'll be great at it, and hopefully it really will mean more time for you to be together.
Keith will do great! I'm really happy for the both of you having added time together. Maybe there is something he is to learn from this?
congrats Keith on your calling, you will be awesome.
Post a Comment