Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mod Podged Desk

So amongst all the craft blogs I stalk daily there is one that is called Mod Podge Rocks. I had never heard of Mod Podge before, therefore had never used it. The owner of the blog Mod Podges EVERYTHING. I decided to attempt to fabric Mod Podge a desk. This is the best "Before" picture I could find since I failed to take one before I started my project. (The desk has since been moved to the basement and those green walls no longer exist, thank goodness).

This is the "After"
I think it looks pretty good and it matches our basement decor but I don't think I'll be doing any furniture ever again. It was a pain in the butt and if you look closely underneath there are a ton of wrinkles because it was hard to cram myself under the desk without dripping Mod Podge all over the place. Plus there are a few spots where the Mod Podge was too thick and it left dried white spots (you can kinda see them in the picture). Mod Podge would be great for smaller craft projects, but I don't think I'm sold on larger pieces of furniture. I'm sure someone more experienced would have done it WAY better.

6 comments:

Zack Family said...

Love it! So cute.

Joyous Journal said...

a modern white chair might look cute with it.

Chris and Jamie said...

I like the design, it's really cool

Anonymous said...

Yeah I don't think I'd do furniture. It looks good.

Bonnie and Jim said...

You clever girl. I love it!!

Brooks and Mandy said...

SO dang cute. I just discovered Mod Podge myself and am in love with it! we really need to have a craft day!