Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rash



Sorry for the nasty looking picture. This is a lovely rash that now covers my entire pregnant belly. I've had it for just over a week now and it's driving me CRAZY! My Dr. looked at it when I went in for my appointment on the 27th and she told me to try benedryl, claritin, zyrtec and I've also been putting hydrocortisone on 24/7. None of those are really helping. She told me about a rash pregnant women can get called "PUPPS" and it won't go away until after delivery. She said it didn't look like that and it usually develops later in the pregnancy around 34/35 weeks. That's actually only 2 or 3 weeks away so I worry that it is that and I get to deal with this for another 8 weeks. Tonight it became uncontrollably itchy so my husband and stepfather gave me a blessing. If it doesn't go away I at least hope that I can control the itching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend got pupps after she delivered. She said it was awful so I hope it's not that.

Cherice said...

I have heard of that. Horrible, horrible itching!! Nothing I heard really helps it. But I have heard of some Dr.s that will induce early because it is so bad for them.....don't know how early though. maybe you will get lucky!
Sorry, I feel so bad for you.