Monday was really our last day in New York. Mallory was leaving around noon but we had the morning to venture through Central Park one last time. This time all 6 of us went. While there they were cleaning up everything from the race and there was a line of runners taking turns holding this sign.

I have a black and white picture of this walk that I've had since the first time I went to New York in 2004. Keith was determined to find it and take a picture of it.


Let's try that picture again...

After the park we went back for Mallory's things and caught the subway. She got off on 34th street for Penn Station and we continued further on down the line. Keith HAD to eat at a Ray's Pizza. There are several of them and they all claim to be the original.

We then headed off to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. The ferry ride was a little nauseating to be honest. I've been dizzy ever since...still am.

We were able to take the audio tours at both Liberty Island and Ellis Island. It was awesome to be able to learn more by listening to the tour instead of just what you learn by wandering around on your own. Did you know the Statue of Liberty is only the thickness of two pennies! Isn't that crazy?! Also it took like 20-30 years for Lady Liberty to become the green she is today. She started out copper. I just assumed she was always the green color when she was in her Lady Liberty form.


Dad enjoying his audio tour at Ellis Island.

That evening we went to dinner at Carnegie Deli. The night before we bought a cheesecake to go and enjoyed it in the apartment. This time we stayed for dinner. Can I have some bread with that meat please? Every sandwich is this big. Keith had the "Woody Allen" which is "lotsa pastrami and lotsa corn beef". As usual, I opted for Turkey.


They serve a big bowl of pickles as your appetizer...kinda different.





2 comments:
Those are HUGE sandwiches. I thought that place by our SLC apartment had big sandwiches.
p.s. I really miss you guys.
So I guess you take off 2/3 of the meat to eat the sandwich and then have the rest of the meat with a fork and knife???
Post a Comment