Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving started out with our traditional South Davis Rec Center 5k. This year however it was just Dad and me. Keith was on call and didn't want to risk signing up and then getting called in just before or during the race. We decided to push ourselves this year; I finished at about 24:17 and dad finished about 15 or 20 seconds later. That put me at an average pace of 7:51/mile - fastest 5k ever! It was fun and perfect weather. I almost got too warm in just a single long sleeve layer and capri running pants.

These two cuties came to see us race. Kate spent the night with her Grandma Bonnie and was helping finish up the pies for our dinner. Kate might only be a year or two away from doing the Kids 1K! She loves to run 2 or 3 laps at the gym when we go.
Finish Line Photos

Keira, Megan & Kate. I can't remember if this was before or after our feast. Grandpa Joy bought them all matching BYU shirts. Chris was reluctant to put Keira in it but I told him if I had to put my children in them he has to as well. Its very difficult to get three young girls to look at one camera and smile all at once.
Playing around with Grandma Joy.

We had a delicious dinner with Mom, Steve, Chris, Jamie, Keira, and Keith's parents (Jim and Bonnie). I of course didn't take any picture of the actual meal itself. We were all too busy eating!!

0 comments: