Kate slept great last night! I don't know if Heavenly Father took pity on me since Keith was on an overnighter or maybe Kate is finally learning that nighttime is for sleeping, I'm hoping it's the latter. We started her normal routine at 10 pm like we normally do. She was asleep by 10:30. I walked her into her room and placed her into her crib about 11:00 pm and she stayed asleep and didn't make a peep until 4:30 am. She woke up and ate and fell back asleep and stayed asleep from 5:00 am to 7:00 am. Normally I put her in her crib after she falls asleep at 11:00 pm and she immediately wakes up and cries off and on for an hour and a half. I'm a mean mom, I let her cry it out. After 7 weeks of spending two hours pushing the binky back into her mouth every five minutes I decided she can learn to fall asleep without it.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Sleeping Beauty...
Although Kate has nights where she sleeps great, I still don't sleep that great. I think my body is constantly on hyper alert and it takes me hours to fall asleep because I'm always listening for her, afraid I won't hear her cry....but believe me, I do. I just can't get my brain to shut off.
Posted by Sara Hadlow at 3:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
unfortunately its called motherhood on alertitis! Terrible disease it comes on in your twenties and then fades around 45ish. Didn't you read that in the manual they hand out when you check out of the hospital?
yeah...last night.... She went to bed at 10 woke up at 2 to eat. Did I sleep from 10-2, no! I did count to 50 about a hundred times hoping that would knock me out.
Post a Comment