Tuesday, January 10, 2012

15 Month Check Up - Megan

So I was such a flaky mom the other week. Kate and Megan both had their regular check up scheduled for the 22nd of December. The office called the day before to remind me and I totally remembered and planned to be there. The 22nd comes, Keith happens to be off that day and I totally forget all about the appt. until sometime on Sunday (two days later). So, both girls went to their appointments today which technically makes Megan almost 16 months old.


Weight: 22 lbs 7 oz (38%)
Height: 30 3/4 inches (50%)

All is well with Megan. She did have to get 2 more shots today and one more at 18 months. She was a trooper and nothing a yummy peach sucker couldn't fix.

She is a girl on the move. She walks very well and is starting to try to run (to keep up with Kate). She loves to tease. She especially loves to take off when she knows she needs to come to me for a diaper change or to get her coat on or shoes and socks or really anytime I ask her to come to me. She high tails it in the opposite direction and she'll come back my way if I don't chase her only to run away again once I start to reach for her. It's become a game...mostly for her, not so much for me but it's still cute sometimes.

She is more friendly than Kate was at this age. She'll actually go to other people in church or she'll reach out and try to touch other people and kids which Kate never did. She loves to play peek-a-boo with people sitting in the benches behind us in church.

She is still a great sleeper, always has been since month 2. She takes two naps for the most part. She has become attached to a specific blanket that her Grandma Bonnie made. The only trouble is that it's about 3 times the size of Megan so it's hard for her to carry. She usually just hands it to me when she wakes and I have to carry it upstairs and I wrap it around her chair when she eats breakfast.

She loves her sister and loves every second Kate pays attention to her. She loves it when Kate holds her hand in the car or tries to wrestle her on the floor. Kate will literally pin Megan down on the ground and I'll tell Kate to get off but the whole time Megan will be laughing.

She tries so hard to talk and will attempt to repeat any word you say pretty much. She says the usual Mama and Dada. She also says up and we're working on down. She is really good at any words that start with the letter B like bath or ball. She hasn't said no to me but she often shakes her head no and when she doesn't want something you are offering she lets you know she doesn't want it by pushing it away or throwing it on the floor.

She is such a cutie and we love her to death.

2 comments:

Chris and Jamie said...

Miss MEgan really does have the sweetest disposition. I bet she'll be really popular as she gets older, because of her ability to love and "reach out" to others.

Bonnie and Jim said...

She gets more fun all the time. I love how happy she is. She is really is a gem!