This week Kate is learning the letter "q" and she was assigned the snack for Thursday. Trying to come up with something that relates to "q" was pretty tricky. They are also reviewing the colors and the square shape so Miss Laura said we could go square crackers or something like that. I thought...how boring! We can do better than that. So...fruit quiches were born....

I first went to Dick's thinking they could make them way easier and probably cheaper than I could. After talking with them all they would do is put raspberry flavored jelly in the quiche cup and if I wanted actual raspberries on top it would 'cost an arm and a leg' IF they could even get raspberries..not really what I was going for. So after scouring every grocery store aisle and only $12 later we came up with
premade pie crust, vanilla pudding, strawberries, kiwi and peaches! All I had to do was roll out the pie crust, I used a cup to cut the circles out and placed them in a muffin tin to bake for about 12 minutes in the oven, filled it with pudding and added the sliced fruit! Yummy Yummy!
3 comments:
I love your style Sara. They look very yummy!! Hope the children appreciate them.
simple. affordable. tasty. love it.
Very innovative.
Post a Comment