Weight: 27 pounds (12%)
Height: 36 1/4 inches (28%)
Kate is a petite 3 year old I guess but I think the differences between boys and girls are starting to show more at this age.
Katie-bug as she refers to herself is a very cute girl. She has become Miss Independent and loves to do things herself. As a mom it's hard to let go and them try to do things themselves. Most of the time it's because of time. Its hard to have the patience to let them do it when you know you can do it in 2 seconds and it will take them 5 minutes to put their own shoes and socks on. It is very helpful most of the time though. When I'm fiddling with Megan I can get Kate to do things I used to have to do for her.
She is awesome at helping with chores around the house. Her main jobs are things like help with toys or clean her room or help set the table. She is very polite and will often say please and thank you or sorry without even needing to be reminded. She is such a mother hen to Megan which is good and bad. Sometimes I need her extra eyes and ears when I need to get something done but it often leads to her grabbing or pulling on Megan and then Megan ends up falling down. We're also still learning the whole sharing concept. Sometimes she's great with Megan but she often rips stuff out of Megan's hand and then I end up with two crying children because Kate is now in time out and Megan no longer has the toy she was holding.
Kate loves primary and preschool and comes home and tells us all sort of things she is learning. She says the funniest things sometimes. The other day Keith was home and was going to take Kate sledding. Keith says, "I'll go downstairs and get your snow clothes." Kate says, "Ok, I'll stay here and do my exercises." She then proceeds to hang and stretch using the bar of the bottom freezer. She knows the alphabet but is still learning to recognize all the letters. She knows all her colors and the basic shapes (square, circle, oval, triangle). We're really excited about preschool. She's such a smart girl and we honestly spend too much time in front of the TV. It's just so hard at this stage with two and with Megan still taking two naps and not at the same physical level Kate is yet. Anytime I break out the flash cards or learning puzzles or anything like that Megan just comes over and pretty much takes it all and drops it onto the floor. Hopefully when Megan is more sturdy and able to run and climb and jump like Kate we can get out more and be less cooped up inside the house.
Kate says prayers all by herself and she does such a great job. She loves the color purple and I keep debating whether or not we should paint her room and bathroom in some kind of purple when we build our new home. I may chicken out and she may have to just have purple accents.





2 comments:
Oh my gosh, one of my most favorite things about Kate is when she says, "I'm not __________, I'm Katie-bug!" She is so smart and such a sweetheart. You have been blessed with wonderful children.
Kate is such a smart little girl. The other night when she said the prayer for family night I loved how she blessed everyone by name and even Katie-bug. I also love how she answers for Megan like she knows exactly what Megan is thinking. She is a spot of sunshine!!
Post a Comment