So I just thought I'd share a little testimony builder that happened over the weekend. Saturday night was a horrible night for me. I've started to have severe stabbing back pain and it's now in my ribs too. It feels like a knife has been stabbed through my body and left there to cause pain and discomfort. Saturday night while we watched a movie at home I tried Tylenol, heat and Keith gave me a massage. It helped but it didn't make the pain go away. I tried to sleep but I was in so much pain and no matter what position I was in nothing helped. After tossing and turning and crying my eyes out until a little after 1 am, I finally woke Keith up from a dead sleep and asked for a blessing. He gave me a blessing and probably within a half an hour I was able to fall asleep. Its times like these that just reassure me that God is there, he does listen, he does love us and he is totally aware of what we're going through. I'm so blessed to have a spouse who has always been worthy and able to hold the priesthood. I can't imagine not having a worthy priesthood holder as a companion and father of my child(ren). It's just comforting to know that I'll always be able to turn to him in the middle of the night or when our baby is blessed, or when our kids get baptized or any time our little family will need that extra help or priesthood power, we have it right there in our home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I told Dustin the other day that if he ever did anything to cause him to lose the priesthood I'd kick him in the...well you know. I told him this because so many times I have had him give me a blessing and I always feel so much better afterward. Especially right now it's so great to be able to utilize his priesthood power. Getting a blessing I think has really helped with the whole pregnancy because I know it could be so much worse than it has been.
That's an awesome testimony. Thanks for sharing. I remember getting many blessings from Chris while I was pregnant, and even now just to cope with the craziness of motherhood, and they work. I guess that's the point, but it always makes me feel more appreciative to Heavenly Father for sending a priesthood holder into my life, just for me.
love it, love you, love god. :)
Post a Comment