Friday, November 14, 2008

Another political entry...sorry folks

After much more research into the issues related to Proposition 8, I change my vote.

In my previous post I stated that IF the issue was solely a morality issue I opt for free agency for all. I'm not one to blindly follow. I need to know the reasons why. I'm sure this is an imperfection of mine that will bite me in the butt one day but for now I'm glad I was able to obtain the real reasons as to how not having Proposition 8 would challenge my free agency. Others can live their life however they want until it takes away my free agency to live my life however I want.

I was given the following link from a family member that lists a lot of examples. Examples of how this will impact our lives going forward, and that's what I wanted to know. So thank you again.

http://beetlebabee.wordpress.com/2008/10/26/why-preserve-man-woman-marriage/

1 comments:

Jana said...

Sara, Prop 8 really is alot more than what people think it is, glad you looked into it more. Thats what we have been fighting for here in AZ. I think your right, everyone does have their agency to live how they choose and we have that right also to stand up for what we believe in. Its sad to see what is happening in California, because people voted for prop 8 they are being blamed for bigotry and for judging others. I don't think that because we stand for something we believe in that we should be accused of judging. Its really BAD over there right now and the Mormons are being targeted when there are many Christian churchs that have supported this also. Thats a great site you had listed thanks for posting it.
Love Jana (sorry so long)