I hate mechanics and auto repair shops. Last week I took Keith's car to get the safety and emissions tested and it failed because it needed new front brakes. I called several different places and the quote Midas gave us was the cheapest at $104.99. We ended up paying $200.00 because of course they always find something else that needs to be done. They told us we should also flush the brake fluid but that they also had to replace and machine the rotors. Of course you just have to believe what they tell you because like we know if it does or not. They just screw you over on labor. The labor alone cost $128.00, the parts were only $61.08! I called and spoke to a manager to discuss why it was double what I was quoted and said I was very unhappy with the service and if I knew it would've cost double I would've gone somewhere else, he didn't seem to care and basically said it was our decision to do what they did and they did exactly what we told them to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I know the feeling. You should have asked Steve to assist if possible. He has replaced brakes pads many times for us. It's the labor that kills you and you always get that with an attitude.
Bummer!
What ticks me off is when you pay all that money and they don't even do it right. When Scott and I dated, my parent's car was acting up and they kept having to take it in to get fixed. Scott offered to look at it (since he practically lived out in the garage with his dad growing up and knows what he is doing) and he couldn't believe all they crap the had done to the car. Wrong parts, no seals, you name it! There are a lot of shady crooks out there! If you ever have any questions...Scott can help!
Oh we know the feeling all too well! At least it wasn't hundreds of dollars, right?
Yeah, I hate midas. They replaced my brake pads and rotars, and the brakes kept squealing and grinding. They told me this was normal (3 different times!). After about 4 months of this, I took it to Tunex and they found a scrap of metal in the rotars! The noises went away for a while, but then came back so I finally took it to another mechanic, who told me they put on the WRONG PARTS! I was furious and went back and gave them a piece of my mind!!! Maybe I was pleasantly rude enough, but the manager replaced the pads and rotars again for free. Sometimes you have to be a ***** in order to not get taken advantage of!
Next time call my brother. He is a mechanic but a loyal one. He changes my breaks all the time. I paid $40.00 for the breaks and that was it. They do rip you off. Ecspecially if you are a women. I have learned that through experience.
Post a Comment