Friday, October 9, 2009

Sleep

I miss the days of sleeping like a kid. You fall asleep fast and you wake up 9 or 10 hours later in the exact same position you fell asleep in. Now my sleep consists of taking at least an hour to fall asleep and waking up at least a half dozen times to switch sides. It doesn't help that I have a husband who snores either and last night Kate woke at 315 and took 2 hours to fall back asleep. Sometimes I just don't know what her deal is when she wakes in the middle of the night and won't go back to sleep. I finally ended up just sitting in the rocking chair right next to the crib so she could see me.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I have the same problem Sara. I have to take a sleep aid pill every night to help me fall asleep and stay asleep. McKenna is finally starting to sleep through the night. There have been so many nights that i have just slept in the bed in her room so i could just hold her if she woke up. I tell ya, it's like they can sense if you aren't in the room or not. And i'm such a light sleeper, taking the sleeping pill helps so much. (it helps drown out the husband snoring problem)

Bonnie and Jim said...

I wish I could say you will get that good sleep back, but I would be lying. There are some mornings when I wake up and wonder how I will make it through the day. I'm sure you feel the same way.