Thursday, August 7, 2008

Story of Us

So I wanted to put a little bio on our blog but it was getting really long so I thought I would just add it as a post in celebration of our anniversary tomorrow.

Keith and I met at the end of May in 2005. We met at a lovely Visiting Teaching/Home Teaching Supervisor meeting for our U of U singles ward. Totally cliche but it's true. The University 32nd Singles Ward will always have a special place in our hearts. Our first date was a week or so later on June 6th. We hit it off right off the bat. Looking back, our first date was HILARIOUS! If Keith knew the kind of girl I was, he never would've suggested to go to Build a Bear after dinner. But we did and I was a good sport even when the worker asked me to stick the bunnies heart up to my nose and jump up and down. Could my face have gotten any redder?!?! We named the bunny Carrots and still have her today...although she's at the top of the bedroom closet.

We dated for a few months and then in August I freaked out and needed a "break." It didn't take me long to realize my mistake and I begged Keith to take me back. We started dating again in late October and I think by November I knew he had to be mine.We were engaged in February and due to needing time to save $$ and school we decided August would be the perfect month for us. We were married in the Bountiful LDS Temple on 8/8/06.

After living in SLC in my tiny 1 bedroom apartment, we were lucky enough to buy a home in West Bountiful in May of 2007. I graduated from the U in Communication in December 2006 and Keith graduated from Weber in December 2007. I work as an HR Generalist (payroll, benefits, employee relations, recruitment etc) for Datamark. I've been here since 2001. Keith works as a Cardiac Sonographer for IHC, for those of who don't know what that means, he basically takes various ultrasounds of the heart....in a nutshell.

We are expecting our first child in December. We do know she is a girl and unless she doesn't look like a Kate, her name will be Kate Hadlow. I seriously can't wait until she's here cause this pregnancy stuff is not fun, I'd much rather do the mom thing than the pregnant lady thing.

Keith and I are in the West Bountiful 1st ward. Keith is a counselor in the Young Men's Presidency and is also Assistant Scout Master. I am a primary teacher and joint teach the Sunbeam class.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah what a cute story. And I was there through all of it. My favorite memory is still going to Bear Lake and siting around our camp fire with Leslie and Heather. It was an awesome trip!

Cherice said...

Yea to everything! Congrats on 2 years and all that you guys have accomplished! HOpe you do something fun for your anniversary tomorrow.....are you guys going to a B&B? )I know you nlike that sort of stuff :)

Bonnie and Jim said...

Thanks Sara for posting your story. I've not heard all the details before. It's a sweet love story.

Bonnie and Jim said...

You have been tagged. See my blog for instructions.

Holli said...

Hey Guys,
So happy to see your blog. Thanks for being so good to Bridger he loves primary.