On Monday Keith and I went to see the movie Traitor. I didn't know a lot about it going in but I rather enjoyed it. I recommend it ,but definitely for the adult group, it's a little on the violent side.
Without giving too much away it's basically a movie about terrorism. After watching the movie it really made me think. I realize that I know very little about other religions and viewpoints. Keith and I talked about it a little bit after and we would both be interested in taking religious courses so we can better understand and learn more about other religions. It also made me wonder how much do you tell your children about other religions? I think I'm a fairly open person to other religions. Though I believe that the LDS Church is the only true religion on the earth today I'm still fully aware that when it comes to the entire world population, we are still a minority. I want my children to be raised strong in the church with strong testimonies but at the same time I want them to be open minded to those around them and those they will come in contact with. I think to a degree learning about other religions can help solidify our testimonies and help us realize the truth but at the same time the adversary is out there and wants us to question the truths we have been taught. Many times people have found those lies to be very convincing and have fallen away or have simply refused the truth that Heavenly Father has given them.
The movie almost scares you in a way too because you realize that you never know what's going to happen when you walk outside. You could easily be the victim of a terrorist attack and that scares the HECK out of me. I realize that I probably have a higher chance of getting into a car accident on the way to work but you still never know if you could be an innocent victim of some suicide bomber.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
It makes you think...
Posted by Sara Hadlow at 2:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
I want you to know how much I appreciate what you said. It makes me feel good to know that you have such a strong testimony and that you will be teaching my grand-niece the right things. We love you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!!!
Post a Comment