Monday, September 22, 2008

Lesson Learned


When the Holy Ghost whispers, "Don't do this, it's not a good idea." LISTEN TO IT!
Sunday after church Keith and I made French toast and bacon. We cooked the bacon on a griddle and the grease had drained into a little cup underneath. It was going to overflow so we had put some napkins under it to catch the overflow. When we were done, we started to clean up. Keith ran downstairs to get more paper towels. I started to look around to see what we could dump the grease in. So I looked at the garbage and saw an empty cardboard egg carton and some reason thought, I could slide the cup off the counter and catch it in the egg carton, it would hold it just fine. So I put the egg carton to the edge of the counter and start to slide the napkin with the cup of hot grease on top of it towards the edge. I get the impression in my mind that I should stop, this wasn't a good idea and wouldn't work like I thought it would. I ignored it, continued and a few seconds later spilled the entire cup of hot grease all over my hand. OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! My thumb felt like it was on fire for several hours. Luckily no blisters but next time I think I would be better off if I just listened to that still small voice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! That hurts!

Joyous Journal said...

You are sooo lucky that was the extent of injury. Remember you do have cargo in the front!

Bonnie and Jim said...

Good conclusion. I hope it's feeling better.