Do you ever wonder about Satan's power? Every once in a while I do. Right now Keith and I are still trying to figure out if we'll be able to get along without my income and its freakin' me out sometimes. It's a daily mental battle, I go back and forth about fifty times a day. There are times where I'm like "no way!" and then there are times where I think "of course we can do it!"
Financially I think Keith and I do pretty well in comparision to the rest of the world population. The only debt we have is our house and my car and we have more than what we owe on my car in savings so we could pay my car off off if we wanted to but would only have a couple thousand in savings and with today's economy that would scare me. We technically "own" a credit card but anytime America First sends us a new one we store it away in our files and have never used it.
With both of us working we're able to take care of pretty much anything that has come our way since we've been married (plus still have fun). A new dishwasher about 6 months ago, new tires for Keith, National Sonographer Board exam registration, now our disposal stopped working, the handle on our microwave broke and I may have to pay an almost $300 dollar dental bill because my stupid dentist didn't bother to tell me that insurance would only cover sealent for those under 14 yrs (do I look like I'm that young?!) So even those its not fun to have to pay for those kinds of things we can and not cause a financial hardship or wonder where our next meal is coming from.
So the other day when we found out our disposal was broken it made me wonder what kind of power does Satan have over material objects like that? Can and does Satan cause hardships like that to discourage us? Is he tempting Keith and I so we'll give in and say we can't survive without me working because we "need" all these things?
Most of my close family knows that I'm a "planner." I have to have a plan and I have to know what I'm doing. I'm not spontaneous and it causes me major stress and anxiety to not know "the plan." I just wish Heavenly Father would come out and say "Sara, you should stay home with your child(ren) and you will be blessed and taken care of, stop worrying." OR "Now isn't the time, you need to continue to work (PT or FT or whatever) and this is what you should do for child care."
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Satan's power
Posted by Sara Hadlow at 11:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
You're totally normal...most moms have the SAME worries. It makes me sick sometimes to think that I'm home, living on a part-time student income of my husbands, when I'm the one with a degree and "could" be working. But, Heavenly Father has told us what to do as mothers. I think it's in each of our power to figure out what matters more. I have come to the realization that a "quality" of life doesn't mean a bigger home, or nicer things. That realization came after stress in the marriage of little to no savings, student debt, and a child on the way. Satan will try anything to keep families apart and keep them following the ways of the world. I'm NOT saying that having nice things(or things that work)is bad, but having a stronger and secure family is better. That requires a mom. I had a working mom for most of my growing up. I know the sacrifice she made in going back into the work force...she had little choice in the matter. It sounds like you are much better off than most situations. It's time for you to reap all of your planning and hard work and enjoy this next season of your life! I hope it allows you to stay home. It's SO worth it.
just a thought....all these things could be happening now for a reason, probably because you both are working and are able to afford those things now. But things will work out once you stop working and become a full-time mom. We had the same thing happen to us before i quit working for good. Everything will work out in the end, just always pay your tithing first and worry about the rest later. Heavenly father will bless you in ways you can't imagine by your faith and trust in him. There will be some rough times with money no doubt after you quit, but you and Keith will get through it and become a closer family unit because of those trials. And your family will be richly blessed by you being home with your daughter. Try not to worry.
Dearest Sara, Satan has no physical power. He has not physical body and has no power over the physical world. This is his curse and his great frustration. He has to use the minds and bodies of those he can influence to achieve his ends. So to the simple question of whether Satan can make your life tougher by causing your disposal to break, the answer is "no."
I have never seen a more prepared couple than the two of you. I have been so impressed with your ability to save and live within your means.
Life is hard and things happen for no reason at all. But if you are prepared and living righteously the Lord will bless you. You will have enough to take care of your little family and be happy. Saten will always try to make you feel confused. The two of you know what will bring you happiness. Just listen to the spirit.
Sara and Keith,
Life will have its challenges. Satan paints an attractive picture out there for us. You two have made good choices so far and if you continue to follow the spirit of God and use your agency for good things in life you will be fine. That doesn't mean the challenges go away, and seeking for the right answers will be easy. I'm sure Pres. Monson has his days too! If we were always told by God what to do there wouldn't be the need of agency.
Post a Comment