Friday, December 18, 2009

80 Year Old Marathon Runner

Cute story... Last Saturday I told Keith I was "on vacation" from 8 am -12 pm so he and Kate were on their own for the morning. I headed to the gym which is where I love to go in the mornings. I was running around the track like I normally do and as I finished my 6 miles I walked a few laps to cool down. This older gentleman came up behind me and said that I made him run faster that day than he normally goes. He asked how far I had gone and if I was training for something. I told him 6 miles and he said that's what he was doing that morning and I said I wasn't really training for anything, I just like to run. This other 30-something gentlemen overhead and said, "You're crazy!" and we both chuckled and smiled. The older man then proceeded to tell me that he was soon turning 80 and wanted to run a marathon when he was 80. I asked him if he had done one before and he said 'oh yeah,' when I asked him how many he said 10! I hope I can be 80 years old and still running. I love it!

0 comments: