I'll admit, I have a love-hate relationship with being a stay at home mom. I love being with Kate and being the one to care for her and being the first person to know what new thing she's doing but it is mind numbingly boring sometimes and I miss working outside the home SO MUCH. I honestly look forward to the day I can go back to work but because I love my child(ren) and am willing to sacrifice what I really want for what they really need I refuse to go back to work just because I miss it until our youngest is in school. I'm not having kids for someone else to raise them 75% of the time. Kate's just not at an age where she can really play by herself so I spend most of my day following her around the house or trying to keep her out of trouble and entertained which gets old fast. I wish I was able to do projects of my own while she played quietly on the floor next to me but anytime I try to attempt something she takes more interest in what I'm doing than anything else and I have to put it away. I attempted to make these today but Kate kept pulling on my thread so I had to wait until Keith got home. I'm bored of Kate's room and don't know what to do with it. She has a Care Bears music mobile which doesn't go with her room decor so I decided maybe I would replace the Care Bears with these and some pretty ribbon. This is what I've done so far. We'll see how the next part turns out.
Next up...these ugly things will be getting a makeover. I found them at the DI for a total of $3! One will go in Kate's room and the other will go on the wall just inside our front door to hang out keys. I'm the worst with my keys, they are never in the same place twice.





3 comments:
We have a self by our front door and it really helps. I put my keys there (most of the time) and the diaper bag so everything is ready to go, so it doesn't take us 10+ minutes to leave. And every morning I make sure the diaper bag is full of our needs, even if we don't end up leaving the house that day.
very cute Sara. As I told Mal, you two should come up with a book with all of your crafty ideas for other stay at home moms. I'm sure its a struggle to find how to entertain yourself on a higher level than a infant/toddler. The other alternative is having to work and not be able to raise your child yourself. It was a challenge at times and frustrating.
count your blessings one by one.
I can't wait to see how they turn out. You're a smart shopper.
Post a Comment