Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas



A few days ago we unpacked all the Christmas stuff and put up our tree, stockings and what few decorations we have. Currently we only have Keith's and my stocking up above the fireplace. We still need to get another hook for Kate's stocking. We are almost done with all our shopping. I think this is our best year yet! Usually I'm a slacker and wait until the week or two before Christmas. This year I decided to try to get it all out of the way since I'll also need to focus on Kate's birthday. Poor girl was born only 5 days before Christmas. Everyone we know who has a birthday close to Christmas has pretty much told us to make a big deal about it and never incorporate Christmas into the birthday celebration.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate leaves the tree alone? We have the hope chest blocking the tree. Our living room is a disaster. We had to put the coffee table up next to the entertainment center. It's ugly, but it keeps bryson safe and out of ruining stuff.

Sara Hadlow said...

Yeah, she really couldn't care less about the tree.

Chris and Jamie said...

We're choosing to focus more on birthdays than on Christmas, mostly in an effort to focus on Christ at Christmas. WE WILL make a big deal out of Kate's birthday and NOT combine it with Christmas.