Wednesday, September 15, 2010

38 Weeks

Weeks: 38
Weight: 142 lbs (3 lbs since last week, YIKES!)
Total Weight Gain: 28 lbs

I knew I had gained weight this week. I could tell I was eating more. Overall my weight gain is still under my goal. My goal was 30 lbs or less total so I think I've done pretty awesome on that. My abdomen is still only measuring 34 weeks though so I'm curious to see how big little Megan is. My guess is about 6 lbs 7 oz and 20.5 inches long. Any other guesses?

I'm still dilated about 3 cm and effaced 80%. My doctor was actually surprised I had lasted another week because of how ready my cervix is. My doctor stripped my membranes today so hopefully real contractions will start in the next 24 hours. Otherwise I'll go again on Monday the 20th and she can do it again. Stripping my membranes pretty much just means she uses her finger to separate the bottom of the bag of waters from the top of my cervix. It's supposed to help stimulate contractions and get things moving.

So stay tuned, she may be here in the next 24 hours! Keep your fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Bonnie and Jim said...

I'm guessing 6 lbs 2 ounces, and 20 1/2 inches long. Can't wait!!

Chris and Jamie said...

I'm gonna guess 6 lbs 4 oz and 20". I think she'll be slightly smaller than Kate... but she may surprise us! Hang in there, she'll be here soon!

Anonymous said...

less than 24 hours later. it worked!