Kate has never really been a mama's girl. There have been a few times where she prefers me instead of Keith but nothing major. She also spends quite a bit of time with her Grandma Hadlow and Grandma Joy so she's never really been clingy. I can usually leave her with one of them whenever I need and she's totally fine. Sometimes she even prefers to play with them instead of me when we're at their homes and has no problem say bye bye to mommy..until lately. She has become much more affectionate and cuddly and well...a little clingy. As a baby, once she was able to move on her own, she wasn't a cuddler so it's nice to have her come up to me and just want to be held or cuddle on the couch while we watch morning cartoons. I sometimes wonder if she senses something is about to change and she's not going to get all of mommys attention all day long. That's my biggest concern with two kids. How am I going to split my attention so they both get what they need from me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I obviously don't know the answer to that question. All I've heard is that your heart and your time opens with each new child; somehow it just works. I think as long as you find special moments that are just for Kate, she'll adjust. And you know Uncle Chris and Aunt Jamie will be at your door with a simple phone call!!! Never hesitate to call us, we love spending time with Kate!
She'll adjust eventually. It might take time though. Bryson's been clingy pretty much forever. He is now even wanting me over Dustin and I can't leave his sight.
somehow it all works out and you look for moments to spend one on one. You'll find they are more open and ready to talk then instead of when everyone else is around.
I agree with your mother. You will find opportunities to strengthen your relationships with each child. You're a great mother.
Post a Comment