Anybody else a fan of The Biggest Loser? Keith and I are. Once a new season starts it's about the only show that I watch that I can't bear to miss an episode. I think the reason I enjoy the show is because it gives me motivation. Not just motivation to "be skinny" but motivation to be healthy. It's heartbreaking to see people who have completely given up and let themselves become 300+ lbs and simply walking a mile is literally putting their life in danger and slowly killing them. I know it's hard but each one of us should be a priority in our own life. It's ok to be selfish for a half an hour a day. We need to put ourselves first just enough to take care of ourselves physically so we can be around for the ones we love and for the ones that love us.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
You said it perfectly Sara. You are always an inspiration to me. It's hard to see the ones you love not take care of themselves.
We watched it! My friend and I are going to make it our Tuesday night ritual while the husbands are studying. I told Dustin the other day that even if I just walk 2-3 miles 4x a week I like to think that will be enough to keep my weight in check when my metabolism starts to go. And once we are done with school I want to do yoga two times a week, in a class setting.
I watch it faithfully! I get crap for watching a show about fat people. I just think it's amazing, how would you know where to start at 500 lbs. It's hard enough just trying to stay a normal weight but being that big would be overwhelming!
Post a Comment