Thursday, August 19, 2010

Check Up

Weeks: 34
Weight: 139 lbs
Total Weight Gain: 25 lbs

Today was a lengthy Doctor appt. Since Megan has been measuring small they wanted me to come in and do non-stress fetal monitoring. Afterwards I did my usual ultrasound and then I met with the nurse practitioner for my usual check up. My Dr. is out of town this week so that's why I met with the nurse practitioner. Sometimes when I go to the office and deal with more than one person it doesn't always seem like the left hand communicates with the right hand. The nurse wants me to do fetal monitoring again next week even though everything was just fine. The doctor who did the ultrasound was kinda funny. He's the one that did the original one on Megan but someone else has done the last 3. When he came into the room he was all, "so they're havin' you do all this cause you're not growing a big huge baby huh?" After he checked everything he thought everything looked just fine. He estimated her to be 4 lbs 11 oz right now. Again her head and femur are right on track for 34 wks but her abdomen measurement is about a wk or so behind. In his opinion he didn't think I needed to continue with the ultrasounds and tests but of course the nurse still wanted me to schedule another one for next week. Luckily my doctor is back on Tuesday and the nurse will check with her. My appt. is next Thursday so I'm hoping the Doctor doesn't see a need for the fetal monitoring and ultrasound and I can just go in for my regular appt. I'll now be doing weekly visits and I don't want them to be 2 hours each week.

As far as how I feel I'm to the point where I'd like to be done. My back has been hurting pretty regularly the last 2 weeks. Megan has also dropped lower into my pelvis so its putting a lot more pressure down there. I've slowed down on working out the last couple of days, mainly to give Megan more blood and oxygen to hopefully increase her size. I'm getting some irregular pains which I'm thinking are Braxton Hicks but nothing too major just yet.

1 comments:

Bonnie and Jim said...

Down to weekly visits. I can't wait. Hope your back holds out. Hang in there Sara. You've done great!!