Monday, August 2, 2010

Trax Accidents

Is anybody else boggled about how many accidents seem to happen involving UTA Trax? I just don't understand why people aren't taking a train more serious. I just read a story on KSL.com where a 2 yr old child was playing on the platform and fell off as a train was approaching. Luckily the boy didn't fall directly into the path of the train but he acquired bumps and bruises because of the fall. If I was waiting for the train with Kate and the train was approaching, you bet your butt she would be safe in my arms or at least holding onto my hand so she couldn't go anywhere near that thing! I just don't get why people are driving around the arms or riding their bikes or walking over the tracks without looking to see if a train is coming. I just don't get it.

3 comments:

Chris and Jamie said...

I seriously wonder how many people are that CLUELESS versus how many people are just that STUPID and trying to get their 15 minutes.

Joyous Journal said...

I don't think that people think it could happen to them.

I'm tired of hearing bad things happening to children that are my grandchildren's ages. Who is being the responsible adult out there?

I've been told I was over protective, but you didn't see my kids being left alone under the age 10. Or running around in unsafe areas. There was a reason to be concern for their safety, I love them that much.

Chris and Jamie said...

KSL reported ANOTHER death last night because a man was driving around the guard rails. They said there was a car seat in the car, but that he was alone. Could you just imagine???? Or if he had teenagers with him - what is that teaching?