Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day

Do other couples have those arguments that you have over and over again? Well...we do. I'll admit, our biggest argument is house work and I'm always the initiator of the argument. I'm much more anal about everything being tidy and organized than Keith is. I'm so sick and tired of house work. Motherhood has made me a little more lax about a clean house because lets face it, kids are a disaster, but I go nuts in a mess. I can't relax if the house is a mess. I'll sit there on the couch and stew about all the things that need to be done around the house...Keith I think doesn't even notice what needs to be done around the house. He can relax even if the laundry basket is overflowing or empty milk jugs are being placed next to the garbage instead of in it because it's so full. Unless you're a stay at home mom you just don't understand. Yes you get to stay home and your schedule is more flexible than going to an actual job but it's in no way easier. Its different to go to a 40 hr/week job AND get a paycheck for everything you do. Mother's don't get a paycheck, we just get the added bonus of waking up and doing everything all over again day after day after day. We don't get to take a vacation and we don't get to call in sick.

So that's our argument. I argue Keith doesn't help out around the house and Keith reminds me that he has a full time job and then I remind him that I work just as many hours as he does (maybe more) AND I don't get paid for it, I just get to do it all over again the next day.

So as my payment, Keith spoiled me this year and bought me an HP laptop. He tried to convince me to go with an iPad but I'm just not into it. I wanted a regular laptop with a normal keyboard and a disc drive to insert what I needed. I didn't want to have to sync it or whatever to another computer in order to use it. It actually hasn't come yet, but I'm super excited to have it here!!

4 comments:

Zack Family said...

Can I just say a big DITTO to this post! I seriously don't think our husband's could handle what we do after day!

Anonymous said...

Spoiled! I did get to go shopping.

Chris and Jamie said...

I have had this fight with my sister over and over again - whose life is more difficult: the one who GOES to a job or the one who works at HOME. I think in the long run, you just find a way to be happy during the day and call your closest sibling to take over when you're having a rough day! :)
(that offer is for babysitting and/or cleaning)
You're both doing great, keep smiling! :)

Joyous Journal said...

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus! I think back to Caveman time this has been an arguement and it still isn't solved. When it comes to men initiate housework, well they have blinders on. They need to be told VERY specifically what needs to be done and how.

My condolences, but we women understand you.