Sunday, May 16, 2010

Nursery

Kate experienced nursery for the first time today. For the most part she still takes 2 naps a day. One usually ends up being about 10:30 / 11:00 am and the other is usually around 2:30 /3:00. Since we have 9:00 am church we've still been taking her home after sacrament so she can take her first nap. Since she will be 18 months in a little over a month I thought I'd start taking her to nursery so she has a few weeks to adjust. She did pretty well and lasted until about 11:30. Then she just started going crazy. I can tell when she is super tired because she gets really frustrated and starts to slam toys down and pushes everything I try to give her away. So I quickly gathered things up, grabbed Keith out of priesthood, rushed home, tried to give her some food and laid her down for her nap. She's still napping. Hopefully she'll wake up her typical happy self. She of course didn't want to stay in her seat for the singing part. They were using puppets and she wanted the puppet. It'll be interesting to see how she does when I'm no longer in there with her. My baby is growing up so fast....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our same problem. And Bryson has been taking 2-2 1/2 hour naps in the morning so I don't want to miss that morning nap.

Holli said...

I feel bad that I missed her first time! It always take a little bit to get them to sit but just keep bringing her!