Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ouch


Since learning to walk (and run) Kate has acquired a few bumps and bruises but nothing too bad. This evening we went on a walk and played in the front yard afterwards. I was sweeping the sidewalk, Keith was doing some work inside the garage and Kate was playing with a basketball in the driveway near me. Kate started to run up the driveway towards the garage and totally fell and slammed her forehead on the pavement. I heard the thud, it sounded painful. I immediately ran to her and picked her up. Keith came running over and took her and we started to walk into the house. She LOVES being outdoors so much she started to cry even harder and wriggle out of Keiths arms when she realized we were taking her inside. So...I decided to leave her in Keiths good hands outside while I went inside to get a washcloth and neosporin. This is a picture of her forehead probably a half an hour after it happened. We'll see what the bruise looks like in the morning. As the evening progressed it seemed to get even more red.
PS. Don't worry, I took away the bobby pin once I took the picture. It was on the bathroom counter and she loves to chew on those things. I always have to take them away from her. She loves her little clear hair elastics too.

2 comments:

Chris and Jamie said...

the fact is, kids get hurt. It's gotta be rough to see them be hurt though. poor girl :(

Bonnie and Jim said...

She is so independent I'm surprised she doesn't have more.
I laughed when I saw the bobby pin in her mouth. It reminded me of my mother doing my hair. She always held them in her mouth for some reason.