Do you ever ask yourself that question? I seem to be asking myself that question more and more these days. Living in this world is getting harder and harder and to be honest I would love for it to be over sometimes. Not in the sense that my life is so horrible I want to kill myself, just in the sense that I’m so ready for the filth to be washed from this earth. I sometimes just yearn to be in heaven and finally be back with my Heavenly Father. I just hate the fact that we have to live in this world sometimes. Everywhere you look there is sin and corruption all around us and it’s almost getting impossible to avoid it without becoming a hermit. The influence of sex in our society is so prevalent it just makes me fill up with anger and hatred. More and more families are being destroyed by Satan’s influence. Media is full of scantily clad women, nudity, sex, infidelity, promiscuity, language, violence, anger and hatred! You can’t walk through the mall without seeing some store ad where models are half naked. I fear for the innocence of my children. They are exposed to so much at such young ages and we as adults are exposed to so much! I just don’t get the mindset that some people have that when we become adults certain things become ok. Our spirit can be damaged regardless what age we are. Just because I’m adult it doesn’t mean my spirit wants to hear the F –word. My biggest shock lately is the movie Sex in the City. I would never dream of seeing a movie like that. There is so much sex and nudity in the film one critic said it’s basically porn for women! I just don’t get how a movie like that does so well.. Is this really what our society is coming to? This is what people watch for entertainment? How can watching that make anybody feel good? Sometimes I wish I could just live in a bubble away from the world. I detest the media. This is why I’m such a nazi at what I allow in my home and what I’m willing to go see. Video games, movies, and TV is the easiest way for Satan to destroy our spirit and our homes. Don’t let him in!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Yeah. Very thought provoking! DITO to everything you just said. It's horrible no matter where you live, or what you try to do, it's everywhere. Our society is raising up little man whores and slut girls. Look at the style of clothing for little girls, they suck! Look at what our boys are taught to act like. The lust of money, sex and drugs is everywhere. PBS is the only thing Coleman is allowed to readily watch, or my CNN news. I'm glad he's not into tv. As long as our children have testimonies, BEFORE young men and young women's, I think they'll survive! It's like that's what it's going to take these days. No more wishy-washy. I'm with you 100%. No wonder back in the eighties Pres. Benson said beware of R rated movies. He literally said "don't view them." I wish members of the church would rise up to that challenge! Blogs like these make me happy! I'm so glad there is someone out there who,like me, is sick of it!
I very much agree and I've been thinking that a lot too lately. Thanks for the post!
Post a Comment